Matcha Hummus Recipe
Matcha works hot, cold, sweet and savory. Here’s a savory dip dip based on beloved mediterranean style chickpea hummus, served with matcha infused olive oil.
This recipe is vegan and gluten-free.
- 3 cups peeled and well rinsed cooked chickpeas
- 3T tahini sesame paste
- ¼ cup warm water
- 1 clove of garlic
- Juice of one lemon
- 2T olive oil
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½t Gotcha Matcha
- Pinch of salt
- Break down the chickpeas in a food processor using the pulse option
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until hummus is smooth and creamy
- Adjust for taste with lemon, garlic and salt
- Add matcha powder. For this step, it’s useful to sift the matcha for easier blending.
- Blend well until entire dish is uniformly green.
For the Matcha Oil
Sift matcha over a small bowl of olive oil and whisk until well blended.
Serve hummus with a healthy drizzle of olive oil and a platter of pitta, cucumber and carrots. Makes an excellent party snack or healthy breakfast toast.
Love this recipe?
Don’t forget to share it with a friend.